First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Do you keep them together?

DO you worry about the Keets putting a shiv into a ranger?

What do you do to keep the keets from dealing drugs to the innocent chicks?

Is it heroin or meth that they deal on your side the pond?

How many probation officers will you need to watch the behavior of these keets?

Haha
1f600.png
Yes they will be reared together for the next 5 or 6 weeks as long as the Keets behave themselves
1f644.png
, the Keets will then be going into my Pheasant pens to be released on my shoot.
They work as an early warning alarm for the young pheasant poults, I put 5 in each pen, they are then released with the pheasants and Partridge and take there chances on shooting days and then eventually end up in the game bag and on my table.

Last edited:
Dave I always applaud a good plan. I never have been a fan of "canned hunts" That may be the reason I don't fish in my stock pond,just doesn't feel the same as getting out on the canal or river. I have Catfish that go over 2ft long,bass and whiteperch of huge size. I just can't muster the excitement of catching them out of my pond.

We hunt 7000 acres as well as placed around the country so they have plenty of space, if we didn't put any birds down there wouldn't be any, as pheasants don't breed very well over here in the wild.
We also hunt a lot of vermin inc rabbits, pigeons and foxes.

We hunt 7000 acres as well as placed around the country so they have plenty of space, if we didn't put any birds down there wouldn't be any, as pheasants don't breed very well over here in the wild.
We also hunt a lot of vermin inc rabbits, pigeons and foxes.

If you lived closer I would happily give you our 2 rabbits. Our kids got them for Easter and almost immediately lost interest. Guess whose rabbits they are now, for all intents and purposes?? They are stinky little buggers. Other than their fur being so soft, I can't really say anything nice about them.

If you lived closer I would happily give you our 2 rabbits. Our kids got them for Easter and almost immediately lost interest. Guess whose rabbits they are now, for all intents and purposes?? They are stinky little buggers. Other than their fur being so soft, I can't really say anything nice about them.

Rabbits make great chicken brooder cleaning pads. You grab them by the belly, put some scouring powder on there backs, dunk them in water and you would be amazed how clean the pens will get.... BTW nothing to worry about as far as biting goes. everyone knows bunnies never bite...

Rabbits make great chicken brooder cleaning pads.  You grab them by the belly, put some scouring powder on there backs, dunk them in water and you would be amazed how clean the pens will get.... BTW  nothing to worry about as far as biting goes. everyone knows bunnies never bite...

LOL!!!! I'm going to have to try that!! You have an amazing variety of 'helpful tips' you so selflessly share with all us noobs!

Back
Top Bottom