First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Not as much snow as forecast but it's come early for us normally January before it gets real bad, the temperature hasn't been above freezing for 3 days now, think it's gona be a long by winter.

The only upside is I'm hunting Pheasants and Ducks twice a week now
1f600.png
so loads of free meat.

Where abouts in the country are you again?
We had some frost but no snow at all last week!
Today - 15*C!!!!
Weekend is supposed to be frosty again! Really weird year... first we had snow in April, then no rain for almost two months in summer now one week frost one week almost summer then frost again.
What next???

I really want to move away to somewhere like australia or new zealand
1f609.png

42 and nasty in NY. it's 830 at night and my chickens have already been in bed for 4 hours. Man I love winter .. Not!! Of my 8 year and 1/2 Olds I'm getting 2 eggs a day. From my pullets I'm getting 13 or so a day. What is the best use for retired layers? I have no hens ready to retire yet but in the next few years I'm sure to. Do they make good stew? Or turn them to some sort of casserole?

42 and nasty in NY. it's 830 at night and my chickens have already been in bed for 4 hours. Man I love winter .. Not!! Of my 8 year and 1/2 Olds I'm getting 2 eggs a day. From my pullets I'm getting 13 or so a day. What is the best use for retired layers? I have no hens ready to retire yet but in the next few years I'm sure to. Do they make good stew? Or turn them to some sort of casserole?

Cool and smoky here due to the wildfires up in the mountains.

Back
Top Bottom