First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I just placed 6 royal palm eggs in the incubator. Ralph my wife said Foghorn (CX) was "squishing" a hen.... Got her egg in the incubator. Fingers crossed.
It will be CX x welp slow CX.

Cool..good luck..

Did you see this?

I also chased down one of my Saipan crosses and the two best looking dark cornish roosters and put BACK in with the hens. Next week I will be HOME for a few months working a local job and I have every intention of loading the incubators.:)

Tomorrow is day 1 of week 2 for my current 50 cx. In roughly 3 weeks they will be getting separated out into 2 groups, butcher and breed. Then on the 27th I should have 50 red broilers here. Am I the only one who thinks I might need 3 or 4 brooders? I only say that because I also have 50 "surprise " birds and 50 more incoming. That will officially take me to almost 300 birds.

Tomorrow is day 1 of week 2 for my current 50 cx. In roughly 3 weeks they will be getting separated out into 2 groups, butcher and breed. Then on the 27th I should have 50 red broilers here. Am I the only one who thinks I might need 3 or 4 brooders? I only say that because I also have 50 "surprise " birds and 50 more incoming. That will officially take me to almost 300 birds.

It will depend upon the size of the brooders.

Back
Top Bottom