First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I have a brother who went to El Salvador for his mission, and they fed him chicken all the time. They would pluck the chicken and throw them in the pot and serve when cooked. Sometimes he would find an egg in the chicken and would try to see how many parts of the chicken he got.
When my mom asked what he wanted for his welcome home dinner he said "Anything but chicken!":lau

A Delaware or Jersey Giant were the broiler breeds back in the day.

@philipdj, it would help to know if you have any breeds avalible other than cx and rsl.

sadly, i live where i cant find those breed that you said.
i'm in Indonesiaa, we just have "java" (different from US APA standard) thats chicken far from ideal to make a meaty chicken.
i just can acces for CX and RSL , no choice, except i can import from US :(

2nd Round of meaties arrived this morning. Now I need to know how much heat they need. The birds at the store weren't even under a lamp. Our highs are in the 70's, temp where birds are is about 70ish. I guess I need to still run the lamp, maybe I'll put on a timer. Seems like overkill to run all the time for them but also don't want em to chill to death.

Good luck LnJ!

philipdj- so sorry! I have a thread that is all about cross breeding, sadly, it is not active.:(
But, if you just go with it(although I have heard that cx don't breed true) then maybe something will happen and you can start breeding for a better meat chicken. And if not, then it was fun to try it out, and you eat all the failures. I can't help much.:hit

Back
Top Bottom