First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

If you restrict the feed and make them exercise they can be kept alive and healthy.
I am aware, but they still drop dead randomly. I have read this entire thread, I know the toads are getting hardier than the CX but also know that the CX to CX breeding was a pain because so few last that long, even with restricted feed. So, doing CX to CX breeding in the long term wouldn't be a great idea because of the loss of nearly pol birds.
Not sure why you feel the need to correct everything I say on this thread and act like I don't know what is going on when I have read from the beginning and am saying what the thread has said but in a nutshell.

Your experience and mine are very different. I have not had them "randomly" drop dead CX to CX is possible. I wouldn't recommend inbreeding. The only one I've had that had a heart attack "Foghorn" weighed 19-1/2 lbs. He successfully mated at this weight. And he made it a little over a year. I DIDN'T restrict the feed.Your also not the only one I disagree with. I also disagree with anyone who claims they are lazy,dirty birds. But as I stated,its an opinion based on MY EXPERIENCE. I recognize your right to have one as well. What I don't understand is why you don't tolerate a difference of opinion .

Linda is Bam Bam still going strong?
I love that bird!
I just sold him. The Buyer stated he is not working out after just 21 days. Like what bird adjusts to it's new surroundings, and goes crazy on girls first week out? I should never have sold him. Everything I have is related to him. I thought I would share:he:barnie:mad:

You try to help folk and sometimes you get bit on the arse, makes you think why bother.

But on the other hand your right, it is good to share and spread good genes around and give others a good start, also if the worst was to happen and you lost your stock, it's nice to think you can have the favour returned.

I've given 5 guys Sasso eggs this year and 3 of them got them for free. Hopefully a few little breeding groups will help my long term plans.

Back
Top Bottom