First set of eggs in for me this year

My broody's hatched Friday.
9 of the 10 came out. the one that didn't hatch had been cheeping Friday, but stopped moving and cheeping Saturday. Cracking open that one's shell I found that this one looked mostly developed, but some how not fully.

It looks like I have only one mutt (who is a male)
Now I have had only one come out of the incubator today. They were supposed to hatch yesterday, and last night I had only one cracked egg
This morning that one was still in the same position, and not any farther along. My dad said that that one had to be helped out, so I did. I kept that one in the incubator until it was dry and was going to put it with the broody. Another one was cracked and two more were rocking. Then by some luck we lost power. (stupid car crash, why must you crash cars people!!!) I took the chick and the cracked eggs and gave them to the broody. She accepted and loved them.
Some time later we got power. And the broody wanted to move around with the chicks that hatched on Friday. She accidently crushed the help out (not at all sad about it,that it could stand up and just flopped around, compared to the ones that hatched under the broody who were moving around right after they hatched.) I put the eggs back in the incubator.

The help out right after being helped out.
And now the cracked egg from earlier is a little farther along. One of the eggs that was temporally thrown under the broody is now cracked and 2 random eggs are cracked.
One chick lost 27 more eggs to go in the incubator!

Back
Top Bottom