First time Buying Chicks! McMurray's Hatchery

I cant wait to get the chicks, i already have there pen setup in my garage ready to go.

That's much more prepared than we were. My husband finished my first coop a week before my silkies were supposed to transfer. On the other hand, I had two huge plastic storage containers for them set up in my house. My house started smelling if I didn't clean them out every 2-3 days. I didn't want to set them out on my front porch to let coons get them, so I had to deal. My next project is a 2nd coop in my pasture so I can buy some free rangers and a brooder. I plan on having that on my back porch AWAY from my dogs... :)

Glad the missing Houdan showed up, or came out of hiding. Poor girl must really want a name if she won't talk to you, are you playing favorites.

Well... I do have favorites... I can't lie. I play favorites like a boss. Whoever decides to sit on me and manages not to poop on me is my favorite. Nameless hasn't shown me anything other than being shy... Synonym for "shy" is "chary" (pronounced "cherry")........ I'll call her Cherry. :) It might stick! :) I'm going to go out

That's much more prepared than we were. My husband finished my first coop a week before my silkies were supposed to transfer. On the other hand, I had two huge plastic storage containers for them set up in my house. My house started smelling if I didn't clean them out every 2-3 days. I didn't want to set them out on my front porch to let coons get them, so I had to deal. My next project is a 2nd coop in my pasture so I can buy some free rangers and a brooder. I plan on having that on my back porch AWAY from my dogs... :)

Well... I do have favorites... I can't lie. I play favorites like a boss. Whoever decides to sit on me and manages not to poop on me is my favorite. Nameless hasn't shown me anything other than being shy... Synonym for "shy" is "chary" (pronounced "cherry")........ I'll call her Cherry. :) It might stick! :) I'm going to go out

I already have a favorite out of our 4 new chickens for sure. Shes my only all black Silkie and our largest.

Originally Posted by GarretTrezona
I already have a favorite out of our 4 new chickens for sure. Shes my only all black Silkie and our largest.

Silkies make great pets, I can see why she would be a favorite. How old is she? You should have a pretty nice color collection of silkies together if you get blue, splash and white in your order.

Originally Posted by JFreeman

You........own a chicken that can sit on you and not poop? Somehow the Monty Python parrot skit comes to mind.
The two WCBP I have now are named Cherry and Peaches, is it something with the crested breeds, I have said more than once they are fruit loops.

You........own a chicken that can sit on you and not poop? Somehow the Monty Python parrot skit comes to mind.
The two WCBP I have now are named Cherry and Peaches, is it something with the crested breeds, I have said more than once they are fruit loops.
Well, the only ones who haven't pooped on me yet are my mottled houdans. Yesterday, my EE flew on my shoulder and immediately pooped on me. Then, one of my Marans jumped on my knee, nested down, and pooped. Yeah...... LOL

Back
Top Bottom