First time "chick raiser" and I can't figure out what breed 2 of the 3 are...

njjk

Hatching
6 Years
May 7, 2013

Hi. This is my first post but I've been reading lots and lots on this site and its been very informative. I just brought home 3 chicks. The 2 in question came from my daughter's class that they hatched last week. All were black with yellow on their bellies and bottoms and some had a little under their beaks. One had a yellow patch on his head. I brought home 2 that are mostly black with yellow bellies/bottoms. One of them has brownish colored wing feathers growing...
I know the 3rd is an Americana...came from my local feed store that we went to today with the only intention of buying supplies until the owner asked if we'd take him/her bc the chick he/she was with was dying:(.
Any guesses? I can post more pix later..

Welcome! It is really hard to tell until they start getting some actual feathers. I would guess either barred rock or australorp... Congrats on your new babies!

Thanks Lorien:)...that's what I'm thinking too. Guess time will tell.

I don't think it was contagious drumstick diva, he said the chick was "splay legged" and was unable to properly feed and care for itself so he was actually going to put it down. He didn't think the class that hatched them had enough humidity in their incubator bc the one I took was the only surviving chick out of 6 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom