First time chicken owner in DFW Texas!

WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello! Love your chicks............I'm in the N. Garland area and we are also in process of building our coop to house 2 hens. Can't wait!! I share your dream of a small "farm" also!

Welcome to BYC from a fellow DFWer kinda, i live about 40mins south of DFW. I'm also new here too. I'm still in the process of building my coop and I am picking up my chicks this weekend. I'm getting 2 orpingtons. So excited!

Hi, welcome! I'm in Arlington. Don't wait on the bunnies either. I have a nice lil amount going in my backyard with my chickens. If you're interested, I'll show you my pen setup (you're more than welcome to come over too if you'd like, since we're close). I wish I was allowed to have 12 hens. I'm only allowed 4.

Hi, welcome! I'm in Arlington. Don't wait on the bunnies either. I have a nice lil amount going in my backyard with my chickens. If you're interested, I'll show you my pen setup (you're more than welcome to come over too if you'd like, since we're close). I wish I was allowed to have 12 hens. I'm only allowed 4.

With the three dogs and the vegetable garden AND the chickens, there just isn't room! Our yard is a corner lot but it's not that big. I wouldn't want to do rabbits unless I could do them in a tractor, because otherwise it's not cost effective for us. We also have a new baby boy so I already have my hands completely full ;)

I'd love to come see yours sometime though! What do you raise your rabbits for?

They are meat rabbits for personal and pet consumption. You are a busy lady! I don't have a kid, but I do have a puppy, 2 cats, and a husband. It is a lot of work. I also have a garden going as well. I understand your concern. I'm relatively new to rabbits as well, but I'm in the process of growing as much food for them as possible to keep their costs low. You're more than welcome to come over any time to see the set up. I have a few baby bunnies right now too. I'm trying to get a dozen fertilized eggs from someone this weekend and see if my girls will hatch them. Since I can't have a roo.... seems the only way.

That's why we want rabbits too, but I just can't see trying to do it until we get a bigger place and I have more time :) My first goal is to be able to feed the dogs completely, then eventually ourselves (well, still buying staples like flour and sugar, and luxuries like chocolate, etc).

Back
Top Bottom