First time chicken owner - need help identifying pullets and cockerels

I am so upset right now. I just wanted to have at least 3-4 pullets. Thank you for helping me figure this out. I knew #9 was. Hoping 7 is. Please if anybody has thoughts, let me know. It looks like majority is ruling. I'm new to this. I don't know what to do with the baby roosters. I want them to go to good homes, but I realize that folks utilize them for food as well. Any thoughts? I saw the mother and father and I was told that was what they were; Wellsummer and Orpington. Thank you everyone; please posting your thoughts; so appreciated.
Sorry you got so many cockerels. :hugs
They are to young to completely confirm gender, but we can make guesses. Update in a couple more weeks and we should be able to confirm genders. I'll tag the experts and they can take a look at your chicks. @TheOddOneOut @Overo Mare @Rhodebar Lover

Here's some more pictures. Someone said the photos weren't that clear. My apologies. I hope I got the numbers correct. Thanks again everyone. You all are great!!
IMG_5427.jpg
IMG_5426.jpg
IMG_5419.jpg
IMG_5419.jpg
IMG_5447.jpg
IMG_5452.jpg
IMG_5444.jpg
IMG_5444.jpg
IMG_5445.jpg

Looks like all cockerels except maybe 7 and 9. Update in a few weeks.

Agree that they're not Welsummer/Orps.
ok; thanks. Maybe someone has an idea of what breed then. Thank you.

Didn't realize Silverlaced Orpingtons didn't have feathers down their feet....so I'm guessing here....

So maybe I have a Wellsummer (mother) and Silver Laced Cochin (father) mix due to the feathers on the feet? I could be wrong, but if anyone else has ideas, please let me know. The father really looked like a Silver laced Orpington but without the feathers on the feet - but didn't notice that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom