First time chicken owner. Need help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by brudavis1031, May 28, 2012.

1. brudavis1031

brudavis1031 In the Brooder

Dec 19, 2009
    Indian Trail NC
    Got 3 red and 3 assorted pullets from TSC on April 4 have no idea what breed they are. Went back last week to get more feed and there was a guy selling what he said was Barred Rocks and having chicken fever I had to get 2. Can anyone tell me what breed the 6 are from TSC and verify that the other 2 are indeed Barred Rocks and what gender they are. I can't figure out how to attach pics to thread but the pictures are in my photo albums. Any help would be great.

Thanks Bruce

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    [​IMG] the blacks are jersey giant if feet bottoms are yellow or australrop if they are pinkish/ white or they could be a black sexlink

the red/white chicks are cinnamon queens or red sexlinks which means they are girls, the white with black spots here and there look like tetra tints a leg horn cross hatchery bird

come over to the nc thread in where am I where are you thread sometime [​IMG]

3. brudavis1031

brudavis1031 In the Brooder

Dec 19, 2009
    Indian Trail NC
    Thanks for the reply. One of the little black ones looks like it has yellow bottoms and the other pink. Really wanted Barred Rocks but i guess they will be my next ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: