First time coop build and questions? *NEW pics*

Thanks Chirpy. The silkies are babies I hatched in my own homemade incubator. They are very special to me...not to mention that they are totally adorable!
wink.png

Well the coop is finally finished and I got the chicks out of their cramped brooder box and in the coop outside for the first time tonight. It's their first night outside and it's 64 degrees. Not too bad. They are 6 weeks and 8 weeks old....have all of their feathers...so they should be okay. It's also their first time in total darkness so I feel really bad for them. I have no electric that I can run out there, but I just checked and they are cuddled together sleeping.

Now I know what people mean when they say they aren't going to get any sleep on the first night the chicks go out. I feel the same way!!

Here are a few pics of the completed coop. Now to start the run.....ohhh my aching body
tongue.png

P1010043.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010045.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010050.jpg

P1010051.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! Doesn't look like much but we put a lot of work and love into it. The chicks were using the roost today. Yay!!

I'm not sure sure they like it very much yet but they will once they get used to it. They sure have a whole lot more room to move and now there's no big mess in their food and water.

Back
Top Bottom