First time Duck mom

SamiLexi

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
Hello my name is Sami and I just got 4 ducks this spring. This is my first time ducks so i'm still learning. The biggest thing I'm trying to figure out is when the ducks can stay outside 24/7 so that my boyfriend quits complaining about the house smelling.

How old are the ducks/ducklings? and how warm is your temperature? That would influence when they go outside. You may want to ask on the duck threads.
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome and congratulations on getting your ducks. If you don't get the answer here, do take drumstick diva's advice and post under the ducks forum to get experienced advice.

My 2 yellow/white ones are 3 or 4 weeks old and my 2 black ones are 4 or 5 weeks old. I in northern michigan. Our weather keeps changing. Last week it was 70s and 80s and this week it's 50s and 60s. But I seem to have another problem right now. One of my yellow/white ones seems to be sick. It's not acting right. It's laying down a lot and not very active. So I'm going to focus on nursing that one back to health if I can.

Back
Top Bottom