First time duck owner

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by moodybubbles, Sep 29, 2015.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @Whit1976 , welcome to BYC!

-Kathy

2. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Not sure who say's one duck. That is absolutely a lie!! You will be doing a horrible injustice to your duck. You as a human might feel lucky, but don't fool yourself. . If you care about your duck you would never have just one!!

3. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Try a couple of unbreakable mirrors. Also put a cluch of fake egg's out. Maybe she will go broody, then you could give her a job to do.. ??

4. moodybubbles

moodybubbles Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009

Thank you for the detailed information [​IMG]
    I am supposed to pick them up today or tomorrow. I have been busy fixing up fencing for my goats and haven't focused on the duck pen or moving chickens. I hope letting chickens free range and leaving ducks and goose in pen during day will suffice for now. They will have to all sleep together and I hope the goose fits through my tiny chicken door.

I will definitely post pics!

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Look forward to seeing them all. You may have to grease the goose up to get it through the tiny door. [​IMG]

6. moodybubbles

Aug 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. moodybubbles

Aug 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. moodybubbles

Aug 30, 2009
    The buff white Mohawk headed duck is the new one she said was male. I still don't see a drake feather. Maybe I don't know what I am looking for?

Any idea what kind he is? I thought she said the Mohawks were a defect?

She was on her way out so I didn't get to speak with her otherwise I would have asked her.

9. moodybubbles

Aug 30, 2009
    You can see my chicken door in the background. It has a heavy metal grate for a door and it's closed to the water fowl during the day so the chickens can go in the man sized door to lay

10. moodybubbles

Aug 30, 2009
    The won't quack while I'm right there but I hear lots of loud quacking so I still guess my other three are female.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by