First time duck owner

Ducky1324

In the Brooder
May 13, 2015
Indiana
I'm new with ducklings and one of my ducklings have a cold it has a stuffed up nose and we don't know what to do. We tried to give it syrup water but its not really helping then we helped it by cleaning its nose but it didn't really help. Do you know what will help me with my duckling?
jumpy.gif

I'm new with ducklings and one of my ducklings have a cold it has a stuffed up nose and we don't know what to do. We tried to give it syrup water but its not really helping then we helped it by cleaning its nose but it didn't really help. Do you know what will help me with my duckling?
jumpy.gif
What kind of waterer are you using ? they need to be able to dunk their heads to clean out their nares so if you can give them something deep enough they can do that. Why syrup water. I don't think dosing on sugar is going to help at all. But adding some Apple Cider Vinegar will 1 tablespoon to 1 gal of water and let that be sole head dunking and drinking water. ACV can kill some bacteria.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711 you can see a pic of a homemade waterer that helps keep ducklings from climbing inside and possibly drowning.
how old are they if you can put them in a nice warm bath with enough water just up to where the legs meet the body they can get use to washing and that may help too just make sure to pat dry and put right back under heat lamp to finish drying. never leave duckling unattended in water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom