First time ever, with silkie chickens update - member mystorygamer

Mystorygamer

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2020
Hi Guys

Before I go on, please bear with me, I'm still trying to work out how these forums work, I don't know how to link my above original post, so please see the bottom of this update, my original question. Thanks for your patience.

Anyway, I Promised to update all of you that helped, with my crisis. So here WE are, YEH!!!.
I'm delirious. :wee:wee:wee

I'd been checking on the eggs progress, daily, since the start of this Dilemma, and late Sunday night 3/1/2021, :eek: I HAD THE SHOCK OF MY LIFE, WHEN THE MOST GEORGIOUS CUTEST AND BOLDEST LITTLE FRIZZLE, YOU'VE EVER SEEN IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD, (I know I'm biased 🥰), decided, HE, (I'm tipping), was brave 💪 enough to say Hi to me and the rest of the world. After, not expecting any of my 6 eggs to hatch, at ALL, by this point, I'M SO STOKED :celebrate, and after the year we've all endured through 2020, I'm declaring this a DEFINATE MIRACLE and the best start to 2021, I could ever envisioned one month ago.
The lady I purchased the eggs off, lives local to me, but due to sign's of the times and not just talking Covid, the purchase was made at a local public shopping precinct and as we were talking, she explained her interest was on the genetic side of things and would be interested to see photos when the chicks were born. I told her I would update and send photos, to her. But due to all the probs I've had, the only update was on Monday 1/01/2021and after explaining my dilemma, I was pleased to let her know I HAD A FRIZZLE. She said she had hatchings happening in the next couple of days and if no others hatched she would give me a cochin friend so s/he wouldn't be alone. I think this was pretty decent of her and showed me she cared about the chooks and not only the money.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE LOL :lau
Yesterday, (Monday), I checked again and I just couldn't believe it, a SIBLING, s/he's not alone :jumpy:jumpy. Now this I can handle LOL, another little blessing :jumpy:celebrate:jumpy

As I stated, I originally started with six fertile eggs, sadly 😢 one I accidently dropped in my panic trying to make a makeshift incubator, that frankly I was convinced, wasn't working, as some of you know, and haven't a clue where another egg went, so 2 more little 'ole eggs left to hatch, so I'm putting all the 😢 Sadness :eek: Amazement :celebrate Joy :highfive: Friendship, from Tassie and BYC :hugs Support and advise thankyou all @ BYC and Tasmania, into these 2. I have learnt from this experience and I'm feeling hopeful :fl that the last 2 little Tassie (Tasmanian) Tigers, will join their rightful place, next to their brothers and sisters. Will keep you posted and once again a BIG BIG THANKYOU to all :bow. By the way you've probably noticed I've learnt about smiles :), but a long way to go yet :hmm LOL
Below is my original post.
Hi
Today is Tuesday, 8th December Saturday, on 5th December, I purchased 6 frizzle eggs to go under my, so called "sitting" silkie female plus a silky cross female. Problem, two fought, probably too strong a word, for silkies and silkie crosses (both chooks usually get on, but not this time, silkie cross is always very timid, but has become domineering), me interfering didn't help either, trying to put the eggs under them. They sat on them on and off again. As a result, both abandoned them. This happened over sat and sun, 5th 6th December 2020. The eggs laid Fri 4th, will this on again, off again, have any impact in the end results. I desperately tried to find an incubator, but non to be found in Tasmania (Christmas). I brought the eggs inside put them in a plastic container, with wheels (after googling) with some water inside and put them under 2w heater in hallway, when touched plastic container didn't seem to be 100 degrees, and even though we are in summer, the weather doesn't know that (so changeable at the moment). Have I got any chance of them hatching, I can't even get a thermometer with temp and humidity. I really don't want them to suffer, so any help would gratefully received. Thanks in advance, I'm so worried

Back
Top Bottom