First time for everything

Wilson Family 7

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 5, 2013
Hi I'm Kari and my family and I are raising chickens in our back yard in Oregon. My husband is starting to call me the Chicken Lady. I'm having so much fun watching my chickens and checking for eggs and learning the girls' personalities!
I've already learned a lot from some posts so I thought I better join up so I can get even more info and share what I've learned.
Thanks for reading :)

welcome-byc.gif

What kind of chickens do you have?

***WARNING****CHICKENS ARE A GATEWAY ADDICTION.
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

What kind of chickens do I have? Well, I was just surfing the site and looking for pictures of others to see what I have :).
I "think" I have 2 silkies (Peanut Butter is a rooster and Jelly is a hen) Then some kind of rock breeds. One Orange (Pecky); Black with white speckles (Burnt) and one brownish marroonish with white speckles (Chocolate)
So that makes 4 hens and 1 small rooster. Already getting eggs from at least 2 - Burnt & Chocolate.
Thanks for asking

Welcome!!!

They are great to have around aren't they. I find chickens endlessly fascinating and amusing. Then there's eggs too!!!

Glad you found us. Lots of useful info here and friendly chicken-keepers with good advice.

Love your chickens' names too

Back
Top Bottom