First Time Hatch Results!

gfcm

Songster
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Florissant
First time ever incubating/hatching. First time candling. Home made incubator (which was the pits, by the way) as I put it together too fast and should have tweaked it more. I learned a lot though. What works, what doesn't, and what could be better or things I hadn't thought about. I started with 28 eggs, and after candling, decided only 19 were viable. I hatched 19/19! I'm not going to lie---it was a LOT of work! I had to stay up around the clock because of temperature and humidity issues. Especially so the last few days. I'm definitely running on empty, but will sleep tonight! Yeah!!!

I went into lock down on Thursday and they all hatched today. Oops! All but the last two. They hatched right before 2am.

85068_2011-05-15_02-18-52886.jpg

I'll have better pics when I've had some sleep and they fluff out and are in their brooder tomorrow!

And I want to thank BYC'ers for educating and cheering me on! I couldn't have done it without you!
smile.png

good job Flo, MO.
I think I had 12 hatch so far, 1 was weak and trampled. I pulled him and feeding and watering him with a syringe. Not sure he'll make it. The others are running around like banshees. I'm planning on pulling them at the 48 hour mark from the first hatch.

Back
Top Bottom