First time hatch w/ bator(button quail eggs) HELP IT WIGGLED!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Jun 18, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    We are at 9 eggs. Last one laid yesterday. Natural hatch date would be 20th of this month... I believe... 06/07/11 was the first clutch of 3. What day should I expect pipping? Idk which eggs to stop turning... And also egg 9 was verrrrrrrrrrry small.... Is it a dud? I already am raising my humidity... Been about 55% for awhile going to turn the pump on (I used a old reptile pump to help get moisture in the air and raise humidity) which usually raises it to max 90% is that too much? Did the wiggle technique someone told me about, even tho I made my own wiggle... Estimating internal temp at 100 degrees constant for the eggs... Ok 99-100 it goes up n down between the two.. Turning them 3 times a day. Can't figger out how to candle them they are so dark.. From the way everything sounds when should I expect pipping, should I expect any eggs to hatch, and do I leave them in the bator for 24hrs? When do I feed them after they hatch? If they hatch...

***UPDATE***
    I was turning the eggs and one WIGGLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought my mind was playing tricks on me, so I opened the bator and took off my glasses, and pretty sure it wiggled again.. Took it out and held it and felt it move!!! What do I do!? Nervous mommy here, so I am wanting to do wtvr I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    The best you can do is leave them to hatch, fiddling with them too much won't help. You can feed them gamebird starter when they hatch. You'll have to crush it so its very fine otherwise it will be too big for them to eat.

3. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Well I am going to tap on the others see which ones if any are wiggling? They were laid diff days. And stupid me didn't label them with dates... I know not to turn the wiggler, but how soon would/could it hatch???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by