First time hatcher

Mrsmom8034

Hatching
Dec 4, 2023
This is the first time I let a broody hen hatch a clutch and I've never incubated. She did real good but we're on day 28 and I'm sure cause I marked them so I didn't get any new ones mixed in. I candled them and I see little movement so their alive but no piping no chirps nothing. I need advice

This is the first time I let a broody hen hatch a clutch and I've never incubated. She did real good but we're on day 28 and I'm sure cause I marked them so I didn't get any new ones mixed in. I candled them and I see little movement so their alive but no piping no chirps nothing. I need advice
Are you hatching chickens?? Normally chicks hatch on 21 of incubation - not day 28.

Yes it's chickens. I know it's supposed to be 21 days but I read alot of things that say to give them more time if they don't hatch so now at day 28 I don't know what to do to help them along. And it's not just 1 it was the clutch so 7 eggs

Day 28 is not a good sign. Could you possibly be off on the number of days? I totally agree with @fluffycrow. Good wishes for your chicks. ❤️

No I dated them cause I was super excited. I went ahead and assisted a little 6 out of the 7 are alive. Number 7 was a very large egg it was fully developed but had a very large yolk sack. It also looked like it had punctured the air sack while none of the others had.

No I dated them cause I was super excited. I went ahead and assisted a little 6 out of the 7 are alive. Number 7 was a very large egg it was fully developed but had a very large yolk sack. It also looked like it had punctured the air sack while none of the others had.
They’ve hatched? Wow, great news! Please post photos!!!!

So they all passed . They all had really large yolk sacs no where near being absorbed I read it could be from improper temperature

Back
Top Bottom