First time hatching, eggs from different days

RoosterHuggerLiz

Songster
Dec 27, 2020
Hello I'm looking for some advice hatching from eggs, so I collected eggs from three different days from an old hen and recently she passed so I took those eggs and put them in my incubator oh, this is my first time trying to hatch eggs with it but so far so good, it looks like the embryos are developing rather well, but I worry about my turning and lock down days... I know on day 18 you're supposed to heighten the humidity even though I'm doing dry hatching, put the eggs on lockdown, and stop the Turning so that they can position themselves but I don't know what days are going to hatch, will they all happen the same day because they were put in the incubator on the same day or will they hatch on three separate days cuz they were all laid on three separate days? Also any tips and tricks to hatching eggs?

Hello I'm looking for some advice hatching from eggs, so I collected eggs from three different days from an old hen and recently she passed so I took those eggs and put them in my incubator oh, this is my first time trying to hatch eggs with it but so far so good, it looks like the embryos are developing rather well, but I worry about my turning and lock down days... I know on day 18 you're supposed to heighten the humidity even though I'm doing dry hatching, put the eggs on lockdown, and stop the Turning so that they can position themselves but I don't know what days are going to hatch, will they all happen the same day because they were put in the incubator on the same day or will they hatch on three separate days cuz they were all laid on three separate days? Also any tips and tricks to hatching eggs?
They start to grow the day they are put in the incubator, so they should hatch on the same day as long as you put them in the incubator on the same day

I only hatch with broody hens but if the eggs are all set the same day, they should all hatch within 24 hrs of each other.

Back
Top Bottom