first time hatching . ...........I am a proud momma

luckygarden

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Leander TX
This is my first time hatching egg, I am soo excited, in the beginning I put 42 eggs and on day 18, only 29 left on the bator
I woke up this morning and saw 1 baby hatched, she make my day
D.gif
D.gif

I went to work but my mind into the bator
Went home I am straight to the bator, I got another baby, every 20 minutes I checked on them
I forgot cooked dinner for my husband because I am sooo busy peek thru' the bator window and wait what's going to happen, luckily he understood I had new addiction

as I wrote this, I got 8 babies already, still 21 eggs to go but I saw 6 pip, hope when i get up in the morning, I'll get more babies
fl.gif
fl.gif

I will move the babies into brooder tomorrow, I had several pip, I am worry those babies will harm the eggs because I saw them run around the eggs, sit on top of the eggs, the thermometer, the hygrometer, I guess they just having fun out from the shell
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

well i think I better go to bed with smile, I agree with some member said, hatching baby chicks is very addicted, I've already thought about hatch another batch next week.

nite nite everyone, i'll post some pics of my babies soon

wee.gif
wee.gif
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Oh dear, dear.......this is the scary thing about incubating. The first time you do it, you are hooked.
th.gif

Welcome to the world of hatchoholism. There is no known cure.
smile.png

woot.gif
congratulations!!!!

thank you thank you everybody, I follow all suggestion from BYC member, from picking egg, candling, temp, humidty, etc. All member are awesome

I am so proud my self....
wink.png
, and I thought I am not bad for the first time hatcher

This morning I had another 6 babies, now I had 16 babies, I hope more to come specially for silkie and green egg.
they are all mutt babies, my rooster are crested, buff orp, silkies, BR, maran and hens are cochins, new hampshire, salmon, buff orp, black australorp, ameraucana, cornish, brahma
I have 32 chickens that I bought as a baby chicks last year from Ideal Poultry.

again thank you everybody
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

without your help and reading from your experience, I may not have courage to hatch my own baby chickens

Quote:
Now wait a minute... it is more like therapy then an addiction because it does hurt people and it makes the world a better place. The good news is there is a treatment. Hatching more eggs.
bun.gif

PS. The fact that I have two more sets of eggs in the bator should not reflect on my condition. I can stop if I want to.

Last edited:
Quote:
Now wait a minute... it is more like therapy then an addiction because it does hurt people and it makes the world a better place. The good news is there is a treatment. Hatching more eggs.
bun.gif

PS. The fact that I have two more sets of eggs in the bator should not reflect on my condition. I can stop if I want to.

WOO HOO CONGRATS. Keep that bator shut though!

Yes, Yes, thearpy that is what I like to call it. I just incubated 600 eggs not all hatched but it started off that way. then about the time they all started hatching I had to get more eggs to put back in. I felt much better after putting them in. I even have concocted an evil plan of setting eggs every weekend throughout the spring and summer. BWAHAHAHAHA! What fun!

Back
Top Bottom