First Time Hatching - incubator edition

Pics
They’ll be going into lockdown tomorrow. After I remove the turner, should I put the temperature up to 100.5? I know the directions on the incubator says to fill both pots with water to get the humidity up to 70% but it doesn’t mention temperature at all

They’ll be going into lockdown tomorrow. After I remove the turner, should I put the temperature up to 100.5? I know the directions on the incubator says to fill both pots with water to get the humidity up to 70% but it doesn’t mention temperature at all
Temps should stay the same, as far as I know.

I never increase temperature for hatch. 99.5F is where it remains and I usually increase humidity to 65% because once the chicks start hatching the humidity will spike.

84311601-F55A-4372-861F-61C4BD6EEC58.jpeg

I’m prepared for hatching day. i was hoping when i scheduled classes, i wouldn’t have had any when they’re supposed to hatch. no such luck, lol. at least im done with classes at 10:50am

EDIT:
EF7071C9-5CFB-4C59-B442-CBF32783CBA6.png

it has nighttime hatches covered too

Last edited:
It would probably be for the best. My tap water isn’t great, it was actually causing calcium deposits to form on the outside of the pots where you put the water into the incubator
Wow, that’s really surprising! I was trying to talk myself out of getting a jug. Since it is a borrowed incubator I better take the absolute best care possible.

My tap water isn’t great, it was actually causing calcium deposits .
Same here. Bator much easier to clean using distilled water.

Wow, that’s really surprising! I was trying to talk myself out of getting a jug. Since it is a borrowed incubator I better take the absolute best care possible.
Go for it.

Back
Top Bottom