First time hatching

Windle

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
Yorkshireman living in Surrey uk
Hi all,
I’m new to this and looking for advice.
we had a duck nesting under our hedge and a fox got mummy & daddy duck so I brought the eggs in to the house and knock up a homemade incubator.... my question is they have both hatched but still have an undissolved yolk sac, I’ve kept them in the incubator but slightly away from the heat source and on a damp towel. Will they survive???

D727C587-B198-4046-B81B-B11AB8B8DFFD.jpeg

Hello there! I’m debating on taking some of my mamma ducks eggs as I think she’s a little confused . 2 of maths eggs appeared to have tried to hatch but I’m not sure if she didn’t get off of them? I can see one of the other eggs is pipping. But I was curious on how you created your incubator?

Hello there! I’m debating on taking some of my mamma ducks eggs as I think she’s a little confused . 2 of maths eggs appeared to have tried to hatch but I’m not sure if she didn’t get off of them? I can see one of the other eggs is pipping. But I was curious on how you created your incubator?
2 of the eggs appeared ***

Explain what's going on.
Are you saying that your ducks are sitting on eggs to incubate them? If so then just let them do their thing.

Explain what's going on.
Are you saying that your ducks are sitting on eggs to incubate them? If so then just let them do their thing.
*****GRAPHIC PICS INCLUDED *****
Yes my mamma duck is sitting on them. Some I removed today are no good as she starting sitting on them late. When I went in there today though 2 tried to hatch. One didn’t even seem to have the membrane in anymore. The other I don’t know what happened. I can upload pics. But my mamma duck survived a nasty coyote attack last year and had been a little off ever since. So I was mainly wondering if I should at least try to save one of the eggs that is pipping so at least one may make it?

Attachments

• F959F15B-922B-4FE7-84DF-E70813E56AEF.jpeg
    F959F15B-922B-4FE7-84DF-E70813E56AEF.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 0C5FCA08-CEB3-4358-9EC3-67BA89CF7B5B.jpeg
    0C5FCA08-CEB3-4358-9EC3-67BA89CF7B5B.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 6FBD1A7C-841B-43E0-97B6-9AF8EEBFD083.jpeg
    6FBD1A7C-841B-43E0-97B6-9AF8EEBFD083.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DD045E38-A410-4C5B-B3DC-35D1212B05F3.jpeg
    DD045E38-A410-4C5B-B3DC-35D1212B05F3.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 1A2D648B-E3DC-4FF3-BDDA-AE0161D2116C.jpeg
    1A2D648B-E3DC-4FF3-BDDA-AE0161D2116C.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 6
Yes my mamma duck is sitting on them. Some I removed today are no good as she starting sitting on them late. When I went in there today though 2 tried to hatch. One didn’t even seem to have the membrane in anymore. The other I don’t know what happened. I can upload pics. But my mamma duck survived a nasty coyote attack last year and had been a little off ever since. So I was mainly wondering if I should at least try to save one of the eggs that is pipping so at least one may make it?
Nothing too radical tbh. A simple cardboard box with some straw or wood shavings and a 60 watt glow buld for the heat. Just made sure to turn the eggs twice a day.

Candle them to see if there good or bad

Back
Top Bottom