First time incubater 😊

@Crazy Duck Lover zach, thank you so much for all the advice! The eggs will be shipped and I wouldn’t have known to let them sit on the counter!
not sure on the brand but will attach an image, worrying now that it might not be good enough for the job! Will try a batch and if we have no success I will purchase the nature right.
We are absolute beginners but are very excited!

Attachments

• C7B39174-7CC8-42A5-9F5A-974732FAB279.png
    C7B39174-7CC8-42A5-9F5A-974732FAB279.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
@Crazy Duck Lover zach, thank you so much for all the advice! The eggs will be shipped and I wouldn’t have known to let them sit on the counter!
not sure on the brand but will attach an image, worrying now that it might not be good enough for the job! Will try a batch and if we have no success I will purchase the nature right.
We are absolute beginners but are very excited!
You are very welcome! If you want to hatch eggs more than just this once, I would definitely spend the $150 on the nr360! I've heard mixed reviews on that particular incubator that you have, but you never know.. it may work perfectly for you! Best of luck with your hatch, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. Keep me posted!

It’s time! Eggs are here!
the incubator arrived and it was ridiculously small! (What did I expect for £20 though!?)
Anyway I went with a Janoel 12 as we only have the 4 eggs. It’s automatic turning and seems ok from the reviews I’ve looked at. Much more space for chickies to hatch and I love that it is automatic turning so won’t have to disturb the eggs unless candling which gives me allot more faith and peace of mind. Thanks for all the advice so far and I will update as we go along and almost certainly have more questions. Could I ask when candling is advised for the first time? I’ve seen mixed opinions ranging from day 7-day 10 and I know that today won’t count as it’s the day they’ve gone in after sitting for 24 hours.
I’m so eggcitied! 😆

It’s time! Eggs are here!
the incubator arrived and it was ridiculously small! (What did I expect for £20 though!?)
Anyway I went with a Janoel 12 as we only have the 4 eggs. It’s automatic turning and seems ok from the reviews I’ve looked at. Much more space for chickies to hatch and I love that it is automatic turning so won’t have to disturb the eggs unless candling which gives me allot more faith and peace of mind. Thanks for all the advice so far and I will update as we go along and almost certainly have more questions. Could I ask when candling is advised for the first time? I’ve seen mixed opinions ranging from day 7-day 10 and I know that today won’t count as it’s the day they’ve gone in after sitting for 24 hours.
I’m so eggcitied! 😆
Yayyy!🐣🐣 I candle on day 7 and you can usually tell if it’s developing or not. If I don’t see anything, I put the egg back in and candle at day 10. If I still see nothing I pull it out.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Duck eggs do not require anything different than chicken eggs except the days until hatch. Many people find that having the humidity between 30 and 40 percent for the first 25 days is best for air cell growth. How you achieve the humidity will depend on your climate and incubator. After lockdown put the humidity above 60%. Also double check the temperture at the top of the eggs with another thermometer.

Hello again,
So our eggs have been in since Wednesday and the incubator seems pretty stable temperature wise. It’s maintaining a steady 37.5 on the machine and I’ve also bought a little thermometer/hydrometer to sit inside too which is at at steady 37.5.
Automatic Turner working well too.
Humidity is showing as higher than what is recommended though and I’m a bit confused about how I lower it? It has a little ventilation hole in the top but is it the amount of water I put in that changes it?

Hello again,
So our eggs have been in since Wednesday and the incubator seems pretty stable temperature wise. It’s maintaining a steady 37.5 on the machine and I’ve also bought a little thermometer/hydrometer to sit inside too which is at at steady 37.5.
Automatic Turner working well too.
Humidity is showing as higher than what is recommended though and I’m a bit confused about how I lower it? It has a little ventilation hole in the top but is it the amount of water I put in that changes it?
What is your humidity at? You may just have to open the vent all the way.

The amount of humidity in your air the venting and surface area of water contribute to humidity. If you live in an area with moderate humidity you most likely do not need water until lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom