First time Incubating eggs

Sammy1122

Songster
Sep 8, 2018
So this spring will be the first time spring we have EVER incubated eggs.We got an incubator for Christmas and have been highly anticipating this for awhile, whilst doing a little research on google I have found that incubating yourself is apparently harder and longer then naturally hatching chicks which surprised me because it’s man made.My main question is about humidity.We have 41 egg slots and filled them all up(we will not be keeping all 41 majority are have been sold already),I read that humidity is a big mistake a lot of people make first round BUT this incubator literally does everything itself, it’s built out of styrofoam and I even let it run a couple hours and reach normal temp, it’s sitting at about 101 right now I read anything above 104 the embryos will die, so assuming the heat is fine and the humidity keeps going from 40s’ all the way to 70s’ so I’m assuming that it’s just regulating itself?It is not in direct sunlight and our house regular temp is around 68-71.Also to mention it til it’s the eggs itself which I think is pretty cool Are we doing everything right?

Does It Have A Fan Or Is It Still Air ? I Have Cabinet Incubators My Humidity Runs 45 - 55 Then 75 Last Three Days , And As Far As A Longer Time Incubating I Never Went Past 21 Days.

Back
Top Bottom