First Time Incubating!

AudreyRangel

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2020
Hello! Today I got my first incubator and I plan to hatch out some chicks! Despite it being very beginner friendly and relatively inexpensive I am still very excited!! Of course i will do my own research/trial and error to get things started, but I was wondering if anyone has any extra tips or pieces of advice!!

Thanks so much!

Yay have fun! It's my first hatch too. Mine are a little over a week. The first day you put eggs in the incubator is not day 1, it's day 0. From what I have learned, you want the temp at 99.5 and the humidity around 45-55%. Consider getting another hygrometer because the one in the incubator is inaccurate. Make sure you turn the eggs if yours doesn't have an egg turner. Make sure on day 18 you stop turning them which is lockdown. You want the humidity to be higher these days but not too high. When candling the eggs, you should candle on day 3 so you see the first signs of life. Next time maybe day 7. And so on after that. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in to help some more. I hope you have fun! Also, if you are ordering eggs to hatch, once you get them, let them sit pointy side down for at least 24 hours before putting them in.

Back
Top Bottom