first time incubating

soooo....yesterday at about 2 pm i went and checked the bator. to my surprise one little guy had started to make his way out ... AT THE WRONG END!!! he made a whole to the bottom (pointy end) and off to one side. and nothing has changed since then. i can see his beak and hes breathing and churping. ive been up all thru the night checking and nothing. if he hasnt made any progress this afternoon do you think its best to help him out?

soooo....yesterday at about 2 pm i went and checked the bator. to my surprise one little guy had started to make his way out ... AT THE WRONG END!!! he made a whole to the bottom (pointy end) and off to one side. and nothing has changed since then. i can see his beak and hes breathing and churping. ive been up all thru the night checking and nothing. if he hasnt made any progress this afternoon do you think its best to help him out?
awwww you may have to start..... https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

KEY IS SLOW SLOW SLOW BLOOD STOP !!

KIT!

he's out!!!
celebrate.gif
i helped him out a little and he made it the rest of the way and hes looking good. now another one is starting on its journey (thankfully the right way).
fl.gif
i dont know if i can do another sleepless night. hope everything goes well..

he's out!!!
celebrate.gif
i helped him out a little and he made it the rest of the way and hes looking good. now another one is starting on its journey (thankfully the right way).
fl.gif
i dont know if i can do another sleepless night. hope everything goes well..
AWESOME!! CONGRATS!!!!!

good news...so far 3 babies have made their way, with another one pipped. thanks for all the help and advice

one of the babies in the bator. (homemade btw lol)

9 babies as of this morning with another pip in the bator.

set 25.
day 10 removed 9
day 15 removed 3
9 hatched so far
i think i did pretty good
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom