first time mum muscovy duck

heodi79

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 12, 2014
Hi just want to know why my first time mum muscovy would throw out her hatching babies i saved 1 yesterday but lost one thismorning as she threw it out some time through tbe night i saved the first one but dont want to loose the other 15

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Drumstick Diva X2 Some first time mommas are not very good at being motherly. Stop by our Duck section for more help with this too. Lots of knowledgeable duck keepers there...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Good luck and I hope you can save the rest and get this figured out!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X3 on post in the Duck forum. If she is a bad mother you will need to care for them yourself if you want to save them. You might want to post pictures of her nesting spot etc... it could be the ducklings are falling or getting out of the nest and not able to get back in.

Hi thanks for the welcome well we dont have an incubator but how do we set that up wot type of light ect and kelsie2290 we have them in an old tyre and she is full on kicking them out as they have started to hatch them selves out

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Sorry to hear about the problems with your broody. The members in the Ducks section will be able to advice/help you with the ducklings. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom