first time.. panic mode!

anee170292

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Hi everyone!
I bought my incubator yesterday, and left it for a couple of hours to get the temperature right, I've put in 24 bantee eggs, and I don't know how often I should candle them.
The incubator is self turning the eggs so that's not a problem.
I'm also worried about the percentage of the eggs hatching as I don't want the majority to die :(
I would just like some basic help/advice from someone who has had a lot of experience with incubating and hatching eggs.

Thanks!

I candle at day 10 and day 18 before pUtting eggs in lockdown so I can get rid of clears and quitters. No sense worrying about your hatch rate that is what it is all you can do is make sure the incubator runs right beyond that it isn't up to you

Last edited:
What incubator did you get? If it's one of the little giant or Farm innovators type I hope you bought a trustworthy thermometer and hygrometer because the ones that they come with aren't accurate

I candle at day 10 and day 18 before pUtting eggs in lockdown so I can get rid of clears and quitters. No sense worrying about your hatch rate that is what it is all you can do is make sure the incubator runs right beyond that it isn't up to you

Same :goodpost: i sometimes candle on day seven as well but anywhere from 7-10 is fine

Back
Top Bottom