First time processing!

PS: Kada6305, I have used the wheelbarrow idea for my last 6 chicks and I have a LOT LESS of a back pain when I am done! LOL. I don't have a setup with a counter top or anything that I could use to do this outside, so I usually just sat on the grass, hahaha. I bought a wheelbarrow and I use it for the chickens and for many other uses, it is perfect, the portable table ;) I have one made of steel instead of plastic, so it is easier to disinfect when it is done. Thanks for the tip.

Okay how bad is this? My first chicken I busted the crop and sliced the intestines. Second chicken after I was done and it set in the fridge for three days I realized I missed some lung matter and the "beans". Third chicken I think all went well.
12 week free range

Okay how bad is this? My first chicken I busted the crop and sliced the intestines. Second chicken after I was done and it set in the fridge for three days I realized I missed some lung matter and the "beans". Third chicken I think all went well. 12 week free range
I can tell you after just processing 18 chickens just last night myself, there is way too much crap inside there! If you miss some, oh well! It will be stuck to the bone when you cook it right? As long as you rinsed the chicken well, I don't think the broken crop or sliced intestine with harm the meat. Besides you cook it! That look like some lovely chicken to me! Good job!

Last edited:
We always just held the chicken head in hand, gave the body a twirl like swinging a wet wash cloth(the action is in the wrist not the arm) and the neck broke. Dead chicken. Or the head can off in your hand and you had a....dead chicken. Its not hard to kill them quick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom