First time visitor/new member

Suds

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Indiana
Hi, I'm located in southern Indiana and have baby chicks for the first time in 25 years. Was a young farm wife the first time around, now I'm single, been back in the country for a few years and finally got a building up that will let me indulge in chickens.

I have 100 new babies, 50 for eggs, another 50 for the freezer. Plus a few Polish and Cochins for my 13 y/o granddaughter. (Hoping she'll catch the chicken bug!)

I find caring for chickens and watching them a wonderful way to relax. Mine are two weeks old and doing very well. I have buff orpingtons and "brown egg layer special". I'm still trying to identify one chick that has brown legs with dark brown fuzz. He is slow to feather out, but looks like black edging on brown/coppery feathers. Anyone that has any ideas on the breed, I'd love to hear from you.
smile.png

Hi from Washington St. wow a hundred chicks, how amazing. My grandkids love my chickens. I have all ladies but they all have guy names! They don't seem to mind. You must have a pretty big coop!
welcome.

Back
Top Bottom