First timer!! Incubation of duck eggs

dkrommes

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2021
This is my first time trying to hatch Pekin duck eggs. I started incubating my first egg Sunday evening this morning I found another egg is it possible to add this egg to the incubator due to close laying time ?

It sounds like you'd be adding the new egg less than 24 hours after you set the others in the incubator, right? If so, it should be fine. While you should expect that it may hatch a day or so later than the others, it may also just hatch at the same time as the others.

If you haven't already perused it, the BYC Learning Center has helpful information on incubating and raising ducklings.

Best wishes for a great hatch!

It sounds like you'd be adding the new egg less than 24 hours after you set the others in the incubator, right? If so, it should be fine. While you should expect that it may hatch a day or so later than the others, it may also just hatch at the same time as the others.

If you haven't already perused it, the BYC Learning Center has helpful information on incubating and raising ducklings.

Best wishes for a great hatch!
Thanks for the reply it’s a little over 24 hours I was concerned about the lockdown time when humidity is raised and turning is shut off

Starting lockdown about a day early for the last-added should be ok from both a humidity and turning standpoint: if the incubating humidity is correct, the air cell should be the right size even 4 days prior to hatch. Turning is less important by that point, too. 🙂

Starting lockdown about a day early for the last-added should be ok from both a humidity and turning standpoint: if the incubating humidity is correct, the air cell should be the right size even 4 days prior to hatch. Turning is less important by that point, too. 🙂
Oh that’s good to hear I figured since it was a very close timeframe it wouldn’t make too much of a difference but had to hear it from someone else been going back and forth all morning wondering what to do . First time jitters trying to do it correctly and there is so much info out there it’s overwhelming 🙃

Back
Top Bottom