First timer - starting my first batch Sept 15

he.gif
My LG has been running for a couple of weeks, so I could get it stabilized. It was keeping good temps until I put the eggs in. Now it won't settle. Luckily I'm home all day and can keep an eye on it. Tomorrow I work, so I hope it stabilizes soon. I'd hate to come home and find it too cool or warm all day.

I was supposed to be setting mine Sat the 15th as well, but the good ol USPS didn't bring them!
barnie.gif
So hopefully they arrive tomorrow and can get them going as well. I ordered 3 Ameraucanas & 3 Buff O's. Hope for a roo out of each so I can hatch more. Next I want an Olive-egger. Getting my Brinsea Mini ready for tomorrow. This will be my first time, so hope I do it right! LOL

The clutch went in Friday night and is doing well as far as I can tell - the eggs are turning just fine. I like how the mini advance beeps before it turns and then you can hear it chugging when it's turning. Wish I could easily monitor the humidity, but doubt that will be an issue. Don't have a precision scale to weigh eggs so I'm going with the "hold your breath" methodology.

I didn't even candle mine before setting to look at the air cell. I'll probably take a look tonight then leave them til day 7. Assuming my bator doesn't spazz out while I'm at work and chill or cook the whole batch
barnie.gif

Username: seventreesfarm
Eggs Set: 9/15/12
Incubator: Little Giant with a fan and turner.
Eggs: 11 Olive-Eggers, 4 Lavender Ameraucanas, 7 BLack Copper Maran x Easter-Eggers, 5 Black Copper Maran x Barred Rocks.

Username: LuvinChickens
Eggs Set: 9/12/12
Incubator: 1588 Hova Bator with a turner.
Eggs: 12 Guinea Hen eggs Eggs are about 10 days old.

Username: ShelterFarm
Eggs Set: 9/14/12
Incubator: Brinsea Eco Advance
Eggs: Columbian Rock Crosses

Username: jennibos
Incubator: Brinsea Eco 20 Advance
Eggs: Unknown

Username: superjff
Eggs Set: 9/13-9/15
Incubator: Still Air Little Giant, Turning is being done by hand.
Eggs: 15 Easter Egger x Olive Egger, 1 Bantam Mix, 3 Golden Laced Wyandotte x Wheaten Marans.

Username: cchardwick
Eggs Set: 9/17/12
Incubator: RCom 20 Pro with USB
Eggs: 20 Rhode Island Reds

Username: cynthia12573
Incubator: Forced Air Little Giant with Auto turner
Eggs: D'uccle bantams

Username: mmgillan
Eggs Set: 9/16/12
Incubator: Brinsea Mini
Eggs: 3 Ameraucanas, 3 Buff Orpingtons

Last edited:
Can I join in? I'm a little late but... three hens have gone broody simultaneously! :D

I have a Silkie hen which is sitting on 9 Silkie eggs (she has laid herself :D), a Japanese bantam which is sitting on 6 of her own eggs, and a 4 year old Light Sussex hen. She is just sitting on the nest that the other chickens laid in, so they'll no doubt be all these cross-bred chicks. But we need some all the same!

We have three seperate chook pens, one for the Silkies, one for the Japanese bantams, and one for the sex link layer hens (plus 1 Sussex, 1 Barred Rock Rooster).

Woot woot!

Can I join in

Username: donsmit5
Incubator: Brower Top Hatch w/ auto-turner
Eggs: 39 Barnyard Mix

I will candle on Friday evening 9/21,

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom