first timer with a question

chicken pickin

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 3, 2012
Hi I am new to incubating and will be setting my first batch of eggs on mon morning. I turned my new incubator on today with water in one trough to make sure the temp and humidity get to the recommended degree and percentage and stay stable. My question is after having the incubator on all weekend and at its desirable temp and humidity do I place the room temperature eggs in the hot incubator or do I turn it off and let it reach room temp and then place the eggs in it and turn it back on so it all reaches the appropriate temp slowly? Im sorry if this sounds like a silly question I just want to make sure its done correctly. Thanks.

Good Luck with your hatch!!
fl.gif
its addicting!!

Just place the room temp.eggs in the incubator. The temperature in the incubator may drop because the eggs are at a lower temp than the inside of the incubator. Do not adjust your temperature in the incubator. In an hour or so check the temperature again and make sure it is rising. After several hours if the temp is not where it should be then begin adjusting your temperature in very small increments . Good luck with your hatch.

Thank you all very much! Incubator has been on all day and is stable at 99.6 degrees and 46%humidity. I get my eggs tomorrow night and will set them first thing on monday morn. Im SOOOOO excited
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom