1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • BE39DD92-9F31-4C22-8C1E-FA7E80516E3B.jpeg
    BE39DD92-9F31-4C22-8C1E-FA7E80516E3B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • B66F1DE9-CB2F-4E41-94F6-727F88DCF3C1.jpeg
    B66F1DE9-CB2F-4E41-94F6-727F88DCF3C1.jpeg
    748.4 KB · Views: 5
Sorry just learning this site…
These babies are about 9-10 weeks old. The little black one has some white but not a definite spot (i don’t think)
It was in a bin for Sapphire Gem (same as the grey one) however as you can see based off what I’m reading in here I’m thinking it’s a rooster 😭😭

just wanting some experts to (hopefully tell me I’m wrong) advice if it’s a rooster or hen 🤞🏻

Yes, he's a cockerel
😭 thanks, i was hoping not!! I didn’t want to have to get rid of him, we don’t want fertilized eggs, or the chance it could be mean to our neighbors kids who love them and play with them…he is my favorite as he always greets me

😭 thanks, i was hoping not!! I didn’t want to have to get rid of him, we don’t want fertilized eggs, or the chance it could be mean to our neighbors kids who love them and play with them…he is my favorite as he always greets me
The boys are always the favorites. If you gather the eggs daily then being fertile won't be noticeable.

Sorry just learning this site…
These babies are about 9-10 weeks old. The little black one has some white but not a definite spot (i don’t think)
It was in a bin for Sapphire Gem (same as the grey one) however as you can see based off what I’m reading in here I’m thinking it’s a rooster 😭😭

just wanting some experts to (hopefully tell me I’m wrong) advice if it’s a rooster or hen 🤞🏻
Male

The boys are always the favorites. If you gather the eggs daily then being fertile won't be noticeable.
We plan to gather daily, i was always under the impression that all fertile eggs will have the blood spot in them. How quickly do you need to use them before it becomes more noticeable? (Sorry VERY new and learning…as well as going down a lot of rabbit holes on the internet)

We plan to gather daily, i was always under the impression that all fertile eggs will have the blood spot in them. How quickly do you need to use them before it becomes more noticeable? (Sorry VERY new and learning…as well as going down a lot of rabbit holes on the internet)
Not all fertile eggs will have a blood spot, they have a bullseye

No. I don't even have a rooster and sometimes my eggs have blood spots. I believe it's a vessel that burst while laying. As long as you don't incubate then nothing progresses. It my have a bullseye but I don't think you'll notice unless you're looking for it.

Back
Top Bottom