First timer

Not all fertile eggs will have a blood spot, they have a bullseye
It becomes noticable at 3-4 days in the heat, when they start to incubate. The bullseye is even in a fresh fertile egg.

Attachments

• 26276784-92DC-4168-8C6E-8EFBD0303D3D.jpeg
    26276784-92DC-4168-8C6E-8EFBD0303D3D.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 2
It becomes noticable at 3-4 days in the heat, when they start to incubate. The bullseye is even in a fresh fertile egg.
Okay, lets clarify!

1. Fertile eggs are edible
2. Fertile eggs are exactly like non fertile eggs in taste
3. Nothing would happen to the "chick" as long as an embryo never started
4. Eggs need high temperatures to incubate (temps close to 99.5)
5. I always get fertile eggs, with no issues.

We plan to gather daily, i was always under the impression that all fertile eggs will have the blood spot in them. How quickly do you need to use them before it becomes more noticeable? (Sorry VERY new and learning…as well as going down a lot of rabbit holes on the internet)
That’s nothing, my nephews wife thought you had to have a rooster for the hens to even lay an egg. lol she had 4 roosters!!! Why idk but when she found out … that was the funniest thing! Omgosh! I’m still learning too … so much to know!

Okay, lets clarify!

1. Fertile eggs are edible
2. Fertile eggs are exactly like non fertile eggs in taste
3. Nothing would happen to the "chick" as long as an embryo never started
4. Eggs need high temperatures to incubate (temps close to 99.5)
5. I always get fertile eggs, with no issues.
Ok just explained this to the hubby and showed him a fertile and non-fertile egg and said guess which is which (he couldn’t) said we can keep the rooster (until it goes to attack someone…if it even would)

can’t THANK you enough!!

That’s nothing, my nephews wife thought you had to have a rooster for the hens to even lay an egg. lol she had 4 roosters!!! Why idk but when she found out … that was the funniest thing! Omgosh! I’m still learning too … so much to know!
So many people assume this. Everyone is so confused when I say I get 20 eggs a day and have no rooster.

Back
Top Bottom