First year anniversary

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ChickenChik, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    DH's and my first year anniversary is this month and I have no clue what to give him. I would like something memorable but I dont have a clue. Anyone know of anything special?
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, if you don't have alot of cash, fix him his favorite meal and then have a little romantic time later........[​IMG]
  3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    Seeing as how you're in Alabama, a beachwalk is out. [​IMG] Bummer.

How about a meal at home with something really special, seafood or steaks. Set the atmosphere with candles, curtains, china etc.?
    Now, my DH wouldn't go for that.
    So, maybe a day fishing on the lake with a picnic?
    Whatever you choose, be sure you unplug the phone and turn off the TV!

Just depends upon what you both like! Mine goes for steaks on the grill, spending the day doing nothing much and some *romantic time*. [​IMG]

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Wait wait, I LOVE questions like this! [​IMG] I keep thinkng on it.

Fisrt anniversary is traditionally Paper- Origami? Newspaper subscription?
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  4. ChickenChik

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    Any gift ideas?
  5. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    1st anniv. is paper - how about a love letter, hand written of course.

Gift cert to favorite store, Magazine subscription
  6. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    What is his favorite thing to do? Hobby etc..
  7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I'm a hubby of 25 years, The ultimate gift for me would be MORE CHICKENS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  8. ChickenChik

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    haha his hobbies are chickens and john deere stuff. I am clueless about what to do. I know that we are going to go down to the beach and eat at a nice restraunt down there. I wish that I hasn't done all the cutesy stuff early on in our relationship because now I dont have anything. I made him a scrapbook one ear for Valentine's Day and that would have been perfect but UGH I've already done it.
  9. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    No! Don't buy him anything. Sets a bad precident - you'll be buying gifts for the rest of your life. I know everyone is different, but we always have gifts that are for both of us or the house. For example, on our 17th I bought my husband a riding mower. We needed one and it's really for both of us (got sick of the push mower myself) plus he was happy. For the 20th, it was a trip to Europe. I just started thinking about the upcoming 25th, probably another trip.

If I bought my DH a gift just for him, it's more like his birthday. Anniversary is OURS, not him or her. That's how we do it. Congratulations and I wish you both a long and happy marriage! [​IMG]
  10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

A john deere cake & MORE CHICKENS!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by