FL - CENTRAL. Lonely abandoned pullet

gclarrot

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
I have been contacted by a local woman who found a wandering hen (she may have been dumped, or abandoned. She mentioned her neighbors at one point had a flock but no longer did and it wasn't theirs previous. she tried locating the pullets family with no avail) but I can pick her up, and deliver her to you as far as Flagler, and as far down south as Osceola county. I am worried she's going to become raccoon food.

We can even meet half way as I am in Seminole county. She *CANNOT BE A MEAT OR SACRIFICIAL BIRD*. She is extremely friendly, along with being dog friendly. She does have feather loss from either a hawk or rooster. I have no idea what breed she is, she even may be a backyard mix.

(this is the photo the woman sent me of her. she's not in my care currently but I will pick her up if someones interested).

Attachments

• lonelypullet.jpeg
    lonelypullet.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Awww....I hope you find her a good home. Thank you for trying.

I am way too far away to adopt her.

I am picking little miss up today after a doctors appointment.
My neighbor is going to take her who already has a large flock. I wasn’t worried he wasn’t interested or knew anyone interested until i heard from him about 10 minutes ago.

I know she will be able to be living a good life with him since they don’t process their birds.

I would have kept her myself if I was sure she was good and clear for health. I have a clean NPIP hatchery chicks that are 8 and 14 weeks old.

But, my neighbor who has an 80 chicken and 20 duck flock will be taking her as of 20 minutes ago. She will live a very good life.
So happy to hear she is going to a good home! I have a Cockerel that needs a home. I am in South Florida and would be happy to drive him. He’s a very sweet Buff Minorca. I will need a new home for him within the next 2 months (due to city ordinances). Please keep us in mind if one of your neighbors or friends would be open to taking him in. 🙏😢
65982A57-9879-4701-A099-7077759D4A4A.png

Back
Top Bottom