Flat crop tonight and sluggish Silver Laced Polish

I checked her crop and it was flat thus morning. I placed Purina start n grow medicated in the coop. She rushed to eat it. She ate a lil and stopped. I made eggs with the shell and put it in the coop , she ate that too. Her weight vs her Bff is a tad lighter. Her spirits are high this morning. As her Bff.
I checked her eye and do not see any unusual puffiness which is a good thing. I trimmed her feathers this morning because I also fear she can not see where the feed is!
OMG! She ran around her coop and hopped up on the roost then down and ran around flapping outside. "I can see"!
Her poop was firm but part was jellied. I cooked carrot soup to make pureed carrot soup as suggested by @LaFleche via pm.
I did go away for a few days and failed to check the outside feed throughly. It did have fresh feed on the surface from neighbor feeding them but, the underneath was wet and stinky! Of course, I removed that. We have had tons of rain.
Attached are pictures of her face/ eye with her feathers trimmed back hard and her poop. I dont see anything moving in her poop.
I can deworm her if you think that would help.
Poop is Before the carrot soup.

Attachments

• 20200929_113016.jpg
    20200929_113016.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200929_112930.jpg
    20200929_112930.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200929_100917.jpg
    20200929_100917.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 5
I did go away for a few days and failed to check the outside feed throughly. It did have fresh feed on the surface from neighbor feeding them but, the underneath was wet and stinky!
It seems that you found the source of her being unwell and stinky.

In any case you could check her ears too, as heavily crested breeds offen suffer from ear infections which can have quite a smell.

Back
Top Bottom