flax and sesame seeds

Are you using them as a supplement? Most people start their chicks on a chick starter, which has all the essential nutrients and is easily digestible. Are your chicks getting grit or do they have time on dirt? Without grit, whole food can't be ground up and can cause blockages.

So if you are going to give flax and sesame, and any other whole grains, I'd pulse them quickly in a food processor and/or soak them overnight. Make sure they have chick grit as well.

Good luck with your new chicks!

Not sure if uve seen my other post but im using a recipe to make my own chick starter as i cant source corn or soy free feed locally.. Everything will be ground but was wondering if the sesame and flax being small still needed grinding? And yes when i get my chicks they will have access to chick grit and outside time when the weather is warm and sunny

I just checked out your thread. I'm thinking if it were me, I'd mix up all the dry ingredients in a container, then grind up a day ot two's worth of the mixture then add any wet supplements. The grains will stay fresher whole and just grind them before feeding.

You might want to see if you can get something like Fertrell Nutri-balancer to add to your feed. Not sure if it's available in your area though.

I just checked out your thread.  I'm thinking if it were me, I'd mix up all the dry ingredients in a container, then grind up a day ot two's worth of the mixture then add any wet supplements.  The grains will stay fresher whole and just grind them before feeding.

You might want to see if you can get something like Fertrell Nutri-balancer to add to your feed.  Not sure if it's available in your area though.

I did mix up a half batch then tried to grind it but all the different size seeds and grains it wouldnt grind properly so will need to grind individual ingredients as some ibgredients will require more grinding then others.. Ill look into that suppliment you suggested but ive never heard of it before so not sure if we have it here in Australia

Back
Top Bottom