Flex Watt Incubator Heating Element

used what? do you mean a spring-like heating coil mounted on porcelain knobs? then, yes I have..

How much are they asking for it? You can buy those from www.cutlersupply.com along with thermostats and all other components to build a bator or brooder.. Their prices are very competitive.. I have also used the solid ring like those in the Hovabator.. You just have to keep it isolated so that new chicks cannot bump against it.. behind a shield or higher up in the bator.. I would recommend adding a fan to circulate the heat better..

I use the Flexwatt tape in my incubators and love it... I have the 11 inch tape wired directly into my digital thermostat and it has been working great.. I'm just in the process of building a bigger better one..
wink.png

Flexwatt is not the wire, its this.
flex_cut.jpg

I have seen it used in incubators but its not supposed to be used where it may get over 100*F. That sounds ok cause the incubator only needs to get to 100 but to do that effectively the heater needs to get much hotter. The person that used it in theirs covered most of the back wall of a fridge with it an stuck a thermostat directly to it. Said it worked but I would use something else.

"Keep tape under 95 degrees!"- http://beanfarm.com/product_info.php?products_id=5569&osCsid=a17f297ada5ce3849eb01d90fd8274cd

i use 4" heat tape in my brooder... first days i kept it at 105° with no problems... on week two and it says it's at 90° right now... when i first tried it out it was at 115° and that was the hottest i got it...

it works great and heats up a huge area with only >32W...

Back
Top Bottom