Flicked out wing feathers on SLW?

Nov 22, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Hello :) It's been a while since I've been online but we have a few little baby silver laced wyandottes that we purchased as day olds to pop under a broody hen when they eggs we had under her didn't hatch. She rejected them so now we are handraising then but I want to ask if it is normal for their wing feathers to be flicking out like the attached photo. We haven't had any chicks this young before except for the one that did manage to hatch under the hen - and that one is a unknown mix out of mums coop but definitely has smooth wing feathers. I'm just wondering if we have ended up with a frizzle? Do SLW come in a frizzle variation? Or are they unwell? I've tried googling without much success. Probably using the wrong terminology haha. Thank you to it any advice :)
20201126_185550-01.jpeg

They are so cute!!
I am not experienced with SLW.
How many chicks did you purchase?
We just bought the 3. We had 4 eggs that we pinched from my mum (with the roosters) to put under the 2 broody hens we had. Only 1 egg hatched though so we bought 3 chicks so both hens could mother a couple of chicks. They did not follow the plan however, and now they are happily co-parenting their chick and the SLWs are in the house haha.

We just bought the 3. We had 4 eggs that we pinched from my mum (with the roosters) to put under the 2 broody hens we had. Only 1 egg hatched though so we bought 3 chicks so both hens could mother a couple of chicks. They did not follow the plan however, and now they are happily co-parenting their chick and the SLWs are in the house haha.
haha! Chickens seem to have a mind of their own and their personalities can be quite stubborn too.

Back
Top Bottom