Flies....WTF

Seth140

Chirping
Nov 6, 2021
So today I was in the coop, all the girls and Ancona ducks outside and flies were well not uncontrollable but annoying see that I clean in there and tidy up every day. So I have glue strips hanging from the ceiling and they catch a tone but you smack them, hit them, etc. I keep door open during the day to air out after I turn their bedding over. So I said to myself, self I said...fix the windows with the screens , which I did, then I said well enough air with windows, keep main doors closed and used the electric tennis rackets and cleaned them all out in about 10 minutes ......I hope everyone uses these, flies drop to ground, chickens eat nice Organic flies..

Attachments

• tennis.jpeg
    tennis.jpeg
    606.4 KB · Views: 29
I used to have one of those. They're fun and easier than a fly swatter.
So today I was in the coop, all the girls and Ancona ducks outside and flies were well not uncontrollable but annoying see that I clean in there and tidy up every day. So I have glue strips hanging from the ceiling and they catch a tone but you smack them, hit them, etc. I keep door open during the day to air out after I turn their bedding over. So I said to myself, self I said...fix the windows with the screens , which I did, then I said well enough air with windows, keep main doors closed and used the electric tennis rackets and cleaned them all out in about 10 minutes ......I hope everyone uses these, flies drop to ground, chickens eat nice Organic flies..
We have one of those electric fly swatters too, and yes, they are fun!

What we use in our coop is PT Alpine. We just spray a dot on either side of the window where they congregate and in under half an hour, they''ll all be dead. Safe for chickens to eat too.

Attachments

• fly bait.jpg
    fly bait.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom