Flies

Quote:
Sorry , your LINK did not work
sad.png

Yep....we've had no rain this summer....dry dry dry....and the flies here are terrible...I'm so done with flies. I tried the suger/vinegar thing about a week ago and the only thing it attracted was ants. I went out and bought more stinky, fly traps...they work...but there are still a bazillion flies....come on winter! I'm about done this year with flying pests.
barnie.gif

we had a huge fly problem before the chickens even went out. It was do to our dog and the neighbors dog.
I went out and bought those stinky fly traps, and all though they worked great I really can not handle the odor. So I just try and keep up with the cleaning. Now though my neighbors are using the compost pile that is within a foot of our property line. And they dont compost properly. So the flies are coming to that. And the other neighbors dont clean up after their dog. So we are surrounded.
The fly sprays arent working at all for the horse this year. And I have gone through three brands with no break from them.

I will try seeing if feeding him some de will help.

Quote:
I think I would rather go thru a drought season then rain everyday . When its this wet , then the RUN get slushy and STINKS and FLIES multiply . So its a constant cleaning . WE finally added sand to the run and it helped with the total problems .

I made a homemade fly trap yesterday using a plastic container from Trader Joe's and a cup with the bottom cut out. I'll try to post a pic later.

My bait? Cecal poo!!
sickbyc.gif
It's smelly and flies can't resist it! I'll make another trap as soon as I finish the 2 liter bottle of soda I bought just to make a trap (hey, waste not, want not).

I've caught a dozen flies or more today in my improvised trap.

Back
Top Bottom