flight netting (where to buy)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mindylee, Feb 9, 2014.

1. mindylee

mindylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Lapeer Michigan
    Im wanting to know where I can buy flight netting or even golf netting to put over my runs to keep the hawks out. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Forgetfulfreda

Forgetfulfreda Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2014
    Are you referring to netting like you use to protect berries from birds? If so I would think you could find that netting in a garden center. I was wondering about using that on our run to keep out hawks, I am new to this.

3. Sonya9

Sonya9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2014
    Jones County, Georgia
    Amazon has poultry netting (a few types). I plan to buy some from them when we are ready.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  4. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    Amazon has poultry netting (a few types). I plan to buy some from them when we are ready.

That's where I got mine at. I large 25' by 50' roll for about fifty bucks.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  5. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Try kencove.com or farmtek.com - they have a very good selection, prices are reasonable.

6. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

I always used fish net.

Free from any place that fishermen are, you get the old stuff and just sew up the holes.

With that said though:

1. I STILL haven't found a way tokeep the snow from sticking to it and making the entire net tear down.

2. I once (but only once) had a hawk dive bomb STRAIGHT THROUGH it! (and yep, it killed a chicken)

3. Because of #1 and 2, I now have my runs covered with concrete reinforcing wire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by