Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

I just know I had chicks hatch a full week late - but I would guess from what others say that is pretty rare and probably to do with the temperature being low because I had it too high at the start and killed a lot of eggs. Then I put it too low because I was a bit scared as they were my first go at chicks, I think it kind of depends really on that. I don't think I would leave them much more than 27/28 days I think I was just really lucky. Not sure what others will say most folk say to ditch at 25 /26 days but if I did that I would have killed Blue and omlet.

Oesdog -
smile.png

Quote:
PERSONALLY I DONT EVEN FLOAT TEST UNTIL 36-48 HRS OVERDUE. IF THEY CHECK OUT I WILL GIVE THEM ANOTHER 24-36 HRS IN THE HATCHER.... IN MY EXPERIENCE IF THEY CHECK OUT AND STILL DONT HATCH WITH THE EXTRA TIME ALOTTED WHEN RETESTED THEY WILL BE DEAD IN THE EGG. --- TOO WEAK TO HATCH PERHAPS? IDK? THATS JUST MY RESULTS. I HAVE A GOOD DEAL OF LATE BLOOMERS THAT PASS THE FLOAT TEST AND DID HATCH THAT HAVE DONE JUST FINE. BUT USUALLY IF THEY ARE 3 DAYS OVERDUE AND THE EGG ISNT ROCKIN AND ROLLIN IN THE FLOAT TEST IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD FOR THEM...

JJMR794 wrote:

Works On All Bird Eggs From Hummingbirds To Ostriches smile

Asked for this to be a link from Incubating and hatching eggs so it should be there as they said yes!

Oesdog
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom