Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

Quote:
TAMRA AT MIDCYCLE IT WILL TELL YOU IF THERE IS/WAS DEVELOPMENT WHEN ABANDONED... IF YOUR LUCK IS ANYTHING LIKE MINE YOU WOULDNT FIND THEM SOON ENOUGH TO SAVE THEM OR IT WOULD BE AFTER HOURS AND YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO ACQUIRE AN INCUBATOR. PERSONALLY I WOULD RECOMMEND HAVING 1 ON HAND IF YOUR FACED WITH THIS SITUATION... THE CHANCES OF SAVING THE BROOD WOULD BE MUCH BETTER.

AS FOR YOUR SPORATIC AND INCOMPETANT HEN HAVE YOU TRIED DUCT TAPE?
smile.png
(JUST KIDDING GUYS- DONT GO ALL TREE HUGGER ON ME!
smile.png
) SERIOUSLY THO IF THIS HAPPENS ALOT I WOULD SUGGEST SIMPLY GATHERING AND INCUBATING YOURSELF AND DEPRIVE HER OF THE CHANCE TO GET STUPID. AT LEAST THAT WAY THEY HAVE THE BEST CHANCE AT SUCCESSFUL INCUBATION AND HATCH.

I'm glad too.

Especially since our power went out for an entire night a couple days ago!

'Bator temp hit room temp and the eggs were cold!
ep.gif

I decided to let them sit and get warm again. I waited until yesterday (A full 24 hours) before doing anything. I then candled the chicken eggs and saw movement.

I float tested the Quail today (a day overdue and no pipping) and I had 10 with flotation and movement. I have one that floats, but doesn't move much at all. So here in a couple days I will see if they hatch! I had one sinker.
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, darn. I missed this thread when it was posted. I don't often miss my chance to put on my tree hugger cape!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom