Flock doesn’t except single pullet. Why?

Doperooster

Chirping
Dec 8, 2020
Hi, guys so I have a problem with my flock they won’t accept my barred rock. She’s been here for 1 month and they’d till haven’t took her in. I feel bad because she had a friend but unfortunately she died. She tries to eat with them but they don’t let her so, I put different piles of food but she doesn’t eat it. She waits until they all leave and goes and eats the leftovers, she also sleeps in a pet taxi away from the chickens because they beat her up. I’m trying to put her with a baby chick that is growing faster than my silkies but she still to small. If I give her a partner will they accept her?

With a partner they may not still except her the way you want them to.
There will always be a chicken on the bottom of the pecking order.
Having extra feeders and waterers will help.
Did you integrate her into the flock or just put her into the flock? How old is she now?

I agree with @CluckerFamily, there will always be a chicken that is last to eat, gets the lowest roosting bar etc. Such a chicken may be frequently pecked by the others. I would add, how large is your coop and for how many chickens? The more space they have the better the integration.

I agree with @CluckerFamily, there will always be a chicken that is last to eat, gets the lowest roosting bar etc. Such a chicken may be frequently pecked by the others. I would add, how large is your coop and for how many chickens? The more space they have the better the integration.
It’s not big since I have such few chickens but I’m building another coop since I want to keep another rooster.

With a partner they may not still except her the way you want them to.
There will always be a chicken on the bottom of the pecking order.
Having extra feeders and waterers will help.
Did you integrate her into the flock or just put her into the flock? How old is she now?
Will she still close herself off from the flock if she has a partner?

Back
Top Bottom