Flock From Ontario

MakkFlock

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Not new to chickens, been keeping and raising chickens for 12 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Currently have 7 hens and 2 roosters

(3) What breeds do you have? 2 are Red sex link the rest I’m hoping someone can help me. Our rooster was a rescue he is not “purebred”. Hatched eggs from one of our red sex link hens last year and got a very wide variety of breeds and colours. Will be adding a few Azure Blues and Black Copper Marans in the spring. We love the look of a mixed flock and having a range of colours in the cartons is a nice touch.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We love the aspect of raising birds to have fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I’m a mom of 4, I love all animals, I’m a crafter and we grow our own veggies and apples.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 3 girls and a boy. We live beside a dairy farm on our own small hobby spot. We have a dog, some cats (inside and outside), fish for our stock tanks that we enjoy inside over the winter, 3 ducks and our chickens. We borrow goats and lambs from a friend on occasion for the summer to help them out. Like I said we grow our own veggies and have apple trees (hoping to add more fruit trees in the future).

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
It’s been a site I have visited in the past for tips and tricks. But now I need to ask my own questions so figured this seems to be a great spot for feedback.

Welcome to BYC! It sounds as if you have a beautiful life. We'd love to see pictures of the pets and scenery!
5475F5A4-9B4E-4E9D-8012-EB8E4F562D23.jpeg

One of my beautiful boys.
Mr. Comb was a rescue so we don’t know much about him. I’d love some opinions
A34456C1-E540-4BB1-8ABA-31F33EDAF789.jpeg
This is Big Red. He is Mr. Combs son. His mother is a red sex link named Mama. He is like a puppy dog. You can walk right up to him and pick him up. He is known for giving hugs (literally). He is a very thankful bird.
F3AB8A18-B5DD-445B-A05F-F91CD21BDF99.jpeg
This is TeenyTiny. Daughter of Mr. Comb. Her mother is a red sex link called Mama. She lays olive green eggs. What are your opinions here?

8A54EF6C-7A42-43B8-8C47-81356D202176.jpeg
Mama and her 8 babies. (Now grown and laying)

View attachment 2536720
One of my beautiful boys.
Mr. Comb was a rescue so we don’t know much about him. I’d love some opinions
View attachment 2536722This is Big Red. He is Mr. Combs son. His mother is a red sex link named Mama. He is like a puppy dog. You can walk right up to him and pick him up. He is known for giving hugs (literally). He is a very thankful bird.
View attachment 2536729This is TeenyTiny. Daughter of Mr. Comb. Her mother is a red sex link called Mama. She lays olive green eggs. What are your opinions here?

View attachment 2536735Mama and her 8 babies. (Now grown and laying)

You have beautiful birds and I love that Big Red gives hugs ❤. Thanks so much for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom